COVID-19 Information - We are Open with Restrictions
The Rookery has come up with a response to the Governor’s new stay at home policy. In that policy golf courses are going to be allowed to stay open. However, we need to try and promote social distancing as much as possible. Below you will see some changes we have made and some changes we have asked you to make. Hopefully we can soon return to our normal operating procedures. Until then we appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Together we will do our best to stay healthy and keep the courses in Delaware in operation.
The Rookery’s Response and New Policies:
- The governor has made it a criminal offense to enter Delaware from another state to play golf. Until he lifts this order, please do not book a tee time if you do not reside in Delaware.
- We are now WALKING ONLY
- We are open for play but have made changes to help with social distancing
- We are cancelling all tee times until May 15th or until the Governor lifts the stay at home order
- You can rebook tee times but players will only be allowed to book one day in advance
- You need a tee time to play and walk-ins will be limited or unavailable
- Players will need names of everyone who is playing in their group to book time
- Players may not book for group sizes more than the players in their group and will be charged for any unused spots (Don’t book for 4 if you only have 3). Failure to follow this policy could result in losing the ability to book tee times
- Group sizes can only be 1 to 8 players
- We are recommending that players walk if possible
- If you must ride, carts will be limited to 1 player
- Do not get here earlier than you need to help with social distancing
- After play do not gather in the parking lot
- Do not gather in groups and stay 6 feet away from each other at all times
- Do not touch the flagstick
- We have removed ball washers, rakes and sand bottles
- Rental clubs are not available
- The restaurant is open for takeout only.
- Our staff will continually be sanitizing high touch areas
- No one should come to the course if they are showing any symptoms or do not feel well
- We appreciate that we can stay open and need the help of everyone to keep golf courses open